First cohort of firms join rebranded IA FinTech hub – Engine
The latest five firms chosen to take part in the IA’s FinTech accelerator programme have today been unveiled by the Investment Association (IA), as the trade body announces the programme and FinTech hub will be rebranded ‘Engine‘.
The six-month FinTech accelerator programme (formerly known as Velocity) aims to connect best-in-class FinTech innovators with investment managers looking to transform investment. The evolution of the IA’s FinTech offering from Velocity to Engine reflects the growth and maturing of the IA’s FinTech ambitions – expanding its hub and accelerator in London, to power national and international FinTech adoption with the co-working ‘Engine Room’ in Birmingham and the development of global initiatives and partnerships.
The selected firms will benefit from unparalleled access to the IA and its industry expertise, as well as gaining valuable exposure to industry networks and potential clients. Participants benefit from mentoring from the industry-expert Engine Advisory Panel, which helps firms unlock their potential and implement solutions throughout the sector.
The following firms were selected to take part in the Engine accelerator programme due to the quality of their solutions and focus on key industry problem areas:
- Exabel delivers cloud technology solutions to buy-side firms which enable active fund managers to complement their investment strategies with more data-driven techniques and perspectives, including powerful AI predictive models.
- Fundipedia is a leading data management platform empowering the asset management industry to govern their data with ease, make smarter, faster decisions, and meet regulatory reporting requirements with confidence.
- ipushpull is transforming data-driven workflows and improving efficiency across capital markets with real-time data sharing and workflow automation, delivering fast time-to-market and cost savings for data producers and services.
- KiteEdge turns knowledge into advantage through a combination of leading-edge technology and human expertise, empowering asset managers to maximise their value by identifying insights and delivering improved outcomes.
- Rungway, the workplace advice platform, is a management tool to foster a safe, inclusive culture and strengthen your conduct & culture framework.
Chris Cummings, Chief Executive of the Investment Association, said:
“18 months after the launch of our FinTech offering, our accelerator programme is moving from strength to strength. The unveiling of Engine is fitting of our ambition to drive broader adoption of new technologies across investment management. Engine will continue to act as a catalyst for industry innovation, bringing together buy side focused tech solutions addressing current and future business needs.
“Congratulations to Exabel, Fundipedia, ipushpull, KiteEdge and Rungway who have succeeded in securing their place in the first Engine cohort.”
Engine will also feature a new taxonomy and search functionality (in partnership with The Disruption House) on its new website that allows for quick identification of solutions across the value chain, asset classes and technologies, providing a single source directly applicable to the specific needs of investment management businesses.